Thursday, May 17, 2007

APPROVED!

Word came today that I am approved for surgery by HealthNet! The waiting has been difficult. Not knowing if I would REALLY be moving towards my new me has made it difficult to plan and dream. But now, I'm released to plan and dream all I want! I am a planner and a dreamer by nature.

I've found myself uncomfortable with my current body in recent weeks around other people, wanting to scream, "this is only temporary...I'll have a brand new body in a few months!" Kind of funny, because I've always been ok with my current body, having learned to live with it and overlook comments (which mostly came from my parents). I've not really felt ostracized by society for my weight. My youngest daughter told me that I didn't need to lose weight (she is sweet).

A driving force to lose weight is to feel better and be able to enjoy the life that I have left with more energy. I'm turning 50 in December...somehow that's a milestone for me. I feel like my body is 70. If I can roll it back to just 50, I'd be happy! Ha!

There will be side benefits to improved health, including looking good at my kids' graduations and weddings, enjoying the startled looks from friends who I haven't seen for a while, new clothing. Acceptance by my father (whoa, that's a biggie). Finding out who the skinny me is.

The journey starts now.

No comments: