Friday, April 27, 2007

Emergence

I am moving forward...again.

After two months in limbo over insurance changes, I am now moving towards my new future. I have emerged from a difficult time of waiting. It has been hard. I had to tuck away the dreams of my future while at the mercy of others who would determine my fate. God has been faithful, in spite of my faithlessness.

I guess this serves me by making me realize how much I really do want change in my life to occur. I hope that I am not dreaming needlessly. Perhaps the changes will occur inside of me more than on my outside!

It amazes me how much a person has to be their own healthcare system advocate in a country that purports to be so on top of everything. I have dealt with people who could not answer my questions -- or would not answer them. I felt at times like I was foraging ahead in darkness, my speed dictated by the temperment of the person who answered the phone. I will no longer ruminate on the past. That is done. The future is ahead.

I will embrace it with every ounce of my being.

No comments: